MasteryPrep is an education services company that specializes in college entrance exam preparation. It is a fast-growing organization and one of the leading providers of ACT and SAT preparation serving hundreds of thousands of students in over 500 schools and school districts across the country.
The company is expanding its line of SAT products for the 2019-2020 school year and is looking for talented editors to proofread lessons created for a semester-long SAT curriculum. If you are interested in working for an education company that primarily serves under-resourced schools and districts and/or you are seeking freelance work that pays well, consider joining MasteryPrep!
- Proofread completed Math and ELA lessons in adherence to a style guide. Lessons will be in PDF and PowerPoint format.
- Maintain quality and consistency of style in all produced content.
- Communicate regularly with the lead editor in regard to deadlines, feedback, and transparency on work progress.
- Produce revisions on all work as necessary prior to the completion of an assignment.
- Attend paid training to meet the quality expectations for all proofreading assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, which include a strong command of the English language and grammar rules, accurate description of errors and changes, and clear edit-tracking.
- Able to follow deadlines and produce quality work with a prompt turnaround, typically within 2-3 days.
- Familiarity using and access to the following: a stable internet connection, compatibility with Zoom video conferencing and Slack messaging, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Dropbox, MathType, and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Test-prep experience, high standardized tests scores, and an education background are prioritized.
All contractors will be paid by assignment and only on completion. Most assignments will range between $75 and $100 for the completion of an entire lesson and dependent on the complexity of the assignment. Smaller assignments will pay less and will be determined at the time of the assignment.